Thursday, July 9, 2015

Rambling Thoughts - July 9th

In an effort to post a few more things I am going to write down some idea's and opinions on current goings on.


  • Network Break podcast - I really enjoy the Network Break podcasts from @packetpushers. Drew Conry-Murry @Drew_CM brings a new dynamic to the conversations between Ethan and Greg.

  • On the recent announcement by @OpenDNS about being acquired by Cisco. First reaction was the flying F-bomb. Why? Because I like OpenDNS, I like the team. Culture swallowed by Corporate Giant Cisco - doesn't end well. But I am waiting to see the final outcome. Still a customer and still an advocate.


Project that I am working on:


  • Packetfence upgrade/refresh - Many of my post cover things with Packetfence. I have used it for many years and advocate the use, especially if you don't have the budget for the Commercial products. Inverse has done a great job in development and also providing support.

  • Just finished swapping out the core of my network. Replaced a Force10 E300 with a pair of Brocade 7750's. Write-up forth coming.

Also would have to mention Nick @buraglio for telling me once again to write more.



No comments:

Post a Comment